Playing Around On 2M SSTV mode whilst Rag Chewing On 70CM


This Evening I spent a couple of hours working Ham Station and friend Phil M1PAC on 144.500mhz SSTV mode and at the same time we had a good old rag chew on 433.725mhz.
Phil sent me some great images and I returned with some of my new pictures, at the same time Louise captured it all on her phone cam so thats the video above. Thanks louise : }



I enjoy the SSTV mode and I intend to continue experimenting around with Computers and digi modes for Radio use, and fortunately I seem to be getting the hang of most of the modes /operations so far.

The bands in general have not been so great in my QTH over the last 10 days so thankfully SSTV and PSK have kept me occupied. I am looking forward to better propagation and a few new countries to add to the list which is slowly getting bigger.

I sent some of my new QSL cards off direct to: VP8LP Bob, ZP8VAO Amado, GD0BCJ Paul, LU3MCJ Emilio and HR2DMR Don all worked in the last fortnight on 20M. So I guess the conditions have not been quite so bad after all? It just seems a bit unreliable propagation for those of us who can mainly get on after a days work in the hope of some DX activity.

I hope the Ionisphere is smiling over you! thanks for visiting 73

Comments

murray said…
that's a lot of buttons and lights and dials. i do love anything with lots of technical fiddlies.

as a kid i had a CB radio with sideband. that's as far as i got. occasionally i'd get signals from interstate or even outside the country (australia). i wanted to get into ham but never did.

too many hobbies to try, nowhere near enough time.
MØYKS Simon said…
I am the same when it comes to techy stuff, I also had an old cb rig (cobra 148) back in the day as well.
Phaze58 said…
Nice one Si
Nice camera work by TLL
It was a pleasure as always to work you and rag chew.
73's for now
catch you on 145.500,later on monday praps
M1PAC
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Phil, maybe next time you can film your side of the QSO,we could edit and cut having both sides in the video hi hi

catch you on air mate
Louise said…
Yes I am camerawoman extraordinaire - bow down to my lens work!
Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hi Simon, it is very interesting and easy to understand about SSTV with your video. It is only SSB, FM and CW that I have worked from my debut of Radio. Thank you Simon and "Camerawoman". 73 de JN4VWH from Japan
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi again Nash : ) SSTV and PSK is good fun when the propagation is not so good you can still make plenty of QSO's. I hope you get to try it sometime. sa yo u na ra do zo
MØYKS Simon said…
the elusive loo,
camera women of the century you mean!! thanks for putting up with the madness

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design