Heil Goldline Studio Mic


Greetings to all, I recently acquired the Heil mic and had planned to use it in the mobile with the ft-100, but after trying it out I decided to stick with the original fist mic from Yaesu. The Goldline from Heil had struggled to pick up my voice from the dashboard mounting bracket, and with the whole idea of making mobile operations more inconspicuous by not drawing attention to myself, fitting a hands free mic seemed to be out of the window. I was having to shout that loud to hit the alc level, most peoples heads were turning and wondering what I was shouting at. So back to basics and the fist mic wins!


I then decided to try the Heil microphone in the shack on the ft-767. This was the beginning of a potentially beautiful relationship as the rig and mic compatibility seemed good with some good reports from experienced G-Stations on 80 meters. I have been using the microphone for the last couple of days and I am finding it OK with the wired PTT switch in my hand and ready to engage. The switch reminds me of a missile detonator, so you can imagine the pressure every time I transmit. h.i.


I am impressed so far with the new microphone so I decided to make a miniature tower style mic stand to mount the Heil Goldline. You can see the finished installation on the picture, I hope to make some more noise soon. 73 good DX


Comments

Louise said…
You should definitely sick some on e-bay!
MØYKS Simon said…
Not a bad idea! ;-) ill have to advertise the Mighty Tower Mic Mount, you never know who might want one. Made to British Standards!
Phaze58 said…
well me for one dude :)

Built by a master craftsman

de m1pac
MØYKS Simon said…
Nice one, look out for the new range coming soon.
Order now for Xmas!h.i

73 catch you soon..
Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hello Simon,

Conguratulations on your "New Tower", hi hi (^-^)/.

(We talk often about a ham radio tower, just like "... I want to have it some day.." " I did it, my tower .." " Finally a tower .. ". It is not easy for many japanese radio hams to have a tower in japanese housing situations. )

And your new microphone works well, I imagine. I am waiting for new video of the shack with your Heil mic.

de JN4VWH Nash from Japan
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Nash, I might do a video soon?

You have a tower! wow! soon you become BIG GUN h.i :-)

great to hear from you, keep well.

73 sayonara de 2E0HTS SIMON
Nash , JN4VWH said…
Hello Simon,

I was not able to describe about the tower... I mean that japanese radio hams want to have a tower, we talk often about a tower for DX.

So I don't have a tower. (^-^;) from Nash JN4VWH in Japan
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Nash, I understand know ;-) for a moment I imagined a big tower on the top of your QTH- a nice dream! maybe one day you will have one.

My friend has just built a Mag Loop which is small and compact and works well.

Maybe you could fit one on your balcony? just a thought.

Keep well and good DX, 73 Nash san de Simon san k.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M