20M PSK31 QSO N3TEE and 2E0HTS On Sched

The past few days have seen some good openings on HF for me especially on 20M, with QSOs being made from my Mobile Station as well as from inside the Shack.

Shawn N3TEE from Newark in the USA and myself 2E0HTS, have been exchanging emails ever since Shawn commented on one of my videos. We have been trying to make QSO on 20 and 40M over the last couple of evenings and tonight using PSK31 we finaly made the QSO!

Shawn N3TEE came through quite loud at times 57-599 running an Icom Rig but there was slight QSB. Nether the less, we managed a 10 min QSO and can now exchange QSL.
N3TEE Shawn

Click to Enlarge, Shawn N3TEE's Lap Top p.c screen in RX with myself 2E0HTS coming through in The USA.

Click to Enlarge,Simon 2E0HTS's Screen with Shawn N3TEE coming in loud and clear. I used my FT-767, Nomic Rigblaster, 3800Dual Core Computer,40-50 Watts through a Full wave Delta LOOP Vertically polarised.


The Actual Transmission received and transmitted at N3TEE's QTH
2E0HTS 2E0HTS 2E0HTS DE N3TEE N3TEE N3TEE K

Callsign> de 2E0HTS 2E0HTS pse k

N3TEE N3TEE de 2E0HTS 2E0HTS pse k Qe |

O

!

2E0HTS DE N3TEE

Hi Simon how are you finally made it.. HI HI

I like this mode your about a 559 559 559

BTU 2E0HTS DE N3TEE BK

N3TEE n3TEE de 2E0HTS 2E0HTS

Hello Shawn, it is great to hear you in psk loud and clea et you about a 55 report at the moment how do you copy BTU N3TEE de 2E0HTS kt ott


I copy 100 %,

Thanks for the come back..

You might want to try WSJT software

It is very good for very weak signals

But not qso's only contacts.

Here is my brag file.

16 Oct 2008 19:14:29z

2E0HTS 2E0HTS DE N3TEE N3TEE

Your RST: 559 559 559 My Name: Shawn Shawn My QTH: Newark, Delaware, USA Grid Locator: FM29do

The equipment is as follows: Rig: ICOM-706MKIIG RF Power: 25 watts Antenna: 40m Homebrew Ground Plane up 10 ft/3m Computer: Laptop/HP Pavilion AMD Turion64 Interface: Buck Rascal Software: Digipan 2.0

Operator:

Created in the Netherlands, born in the USA Age: 39 Year Old Ham Since: September 1997

QSL via Bureau, LOTW or Direct (See www.QRZ.com

2E0HTS 2E0HTS DE N3TEE N3TEE BK

N3TEE N3TEE de 2E0HTS eiE0HTS

Ok Shawn great copy your re7-599

I'm running PSK31 Deluxe vX ou just townloaded it last night it seemyytod so far.

P at autgite to work you I will be pe otinoeblog entry regarding our QuO o

I am using - oeed FT-767 and 50 e Watts into a home brew DEts eop for 20 G NAND moaete.a…IL

Ok Sha eG2 e U

Lx3TEE de 2E0HTS kuh p ER






Ok Simom,

I am starting to loose your signal I send you a screen capture of this qso.

But we made the contact!!

The other day had a contact with north dakoda

I was -24 Db below the noise when he received my signal on JT65

Great software.

BTU 2E0HTS DE N3TEE BK

N3TmQt ose,oawfa bittn ÙSB on tt e

T . But I got most of it e o

O3nd your eiSL cnra

! Please email bour address IIlo

T N3TEE N3TEE de m e9e I S

My sU e-- rA pow r 0, t-a e =PSK31 DelubiV4.0

Ide

E a Loop, 6BTV, G5RV, IOIo, locator = IO93CU and web www.ham=ediooperator.blogspot.compi r ToeiE de 2E0HTS Ke e (be


I am looseing your signal not very good cpy now.

I will email you.

BTU 2E0HTS DE N3TEE BK

N3TEE N3TEE de 2E0HTS 2uTS

Tegrnuewn TNX for th qSO it is a pleasure AI hope we make it agn soon

73 all the best and tnx ag

Ne£TEE d l2E0HTS SC e i.e.,i.e. E



Thanks again Simon I get out your blog.

73 2E0HTS DE N3TEE Have a nice Day and thank you for the nice QSO SK

CWID: de N3TEE

Bye Bye Î wn Good ONE ne3TEE de 2E0HT

Tnx to Shawn and everyone else I have been working using PSK31 Deluxe v4.0 and listen out for 2E0HTS in the very near future on the PSK bands.

Comments

N3TEE said…
Thanks for the contact on PSK31.
Didn't know you blog it.
Been off the air for about 6 years
Back on but very limited radio time.
And I see that your call sign has changed.

Just wondering do you do CW?

73 de N3TEE
Shawn
...-.-
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Shawn nice to hear your back on air, I upgraded to advanced licence but not quite a cw op yet. too many other modes wide open h.I 73 gl Simon
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Shawn nice to hear your back on air, I upgraded to advanced licence but not quite a cw op yet. too many other modes wide open h.I 73 gl Simon
N3TEE said…
I missed extra class license by one question still a general class operator.
We don't have advanced license class here in USA.
I re study the book again. For extra class.
I keep an ear open and listen for you on the bands
73 Shawn N3TEE

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M