New Country In the Log


Last night whilst tuning around 40M I managed to work some good DX into Senegal, West Africa which is a new Country for me. I was running 50W from the FT-767GX with a G5RV type Dipole when I heard a pile up around 7.092mhz, the voices stoped calling and I was able to hear the DX station 6W2SC.

6W2SC(Peter) was coming through up to Baildon Moor N.Yorks quite well with a 5/8 signal report received at my station. I worked Peter with a little patience form his good self, which he had as other stations were insistent on calling over me. h.i I still managed to make the qso despite the heavy QRM back to him sending a 5/5 2E0HTS signal.
Its a nice bonus working a new one and lets hope propagation is improving at last!
Thanks from myself to Peter 6W2SC for making it possible to add a next DXCC in the old log as well as the speedy eQSL confirmation ;-)

Comments

Phaze58 said…
Nice one Simon

I should be installing all my equipment soon its all up I have just got to "Plumb" it all in then get the office into the corner.
been busy doing the jigsaw that is the office, managed to get 3 pieces together so far :0)

Speak to you soon
73
de M1PAC
MØYKS Simon said…
Awsome picture of the Azi Ele M1PAC Satellite blaster! Sounds like you got your work cut out for you in the joinery sense, I am sure it will be well the effort once you have your shack the way you want it.

Catch you on the bands,
73 de
2E0HTS SI.

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design