SOTA S5/KA-018 QSO with S56CW/P

Earlier this week whilst out and about in my mobile I was lucky enough to hear one of my radio pals coming through 5/9 + on 14.216MHz.

I gave a call back to Marko - S56CW, who was working portable from SOTA S5/KA-018 (a summit located on top of a Slovenian Mountain).

Marko was running bare foot 5W QRP, using his Yaesu FT-817 which can be seen working superbly in the video below that Marko made from the Mountain top.
I have had the pleasure of working Marko from many locations whilst he has been out and about /P, from my mobile Yaesu FT-100 & Maldol HFC20 antenna. This particular summit was putting out a very nice signal from His SOTA station.

Until the next time, thanks goes to S56CW - Marko for the video and pictures. Hope that you guys enjoyed the video.

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hi Simon, what a nice part of the world to have a QSO with. And your signal from the mobile was really great. I can imagine you and Marko enjoyed it. 73 Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Bas,

Marco knows how to enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery! Thanks for watching and maybe we will get you also on video one day soon.


Best 73 Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M