More Ionospheric Ducting From The DX Mobile


As I entered the Car park at work this morning I gave a shout out to Chris VK1GG/P2, who for the second time this week was booming into my mobile "FT-100 Maldol Combo" on 20M.

VK1GG/P2 - Chris was working a pile of Europeans and fellow VKs (Australians) when he heard me calling him from my mobile at around 8.25 UTC this morning. We had a quick couple of overs and It was time for me to begin my working day. (With a smile on my face, you know the one. Only DXers have it hi hi)

Later in the evening at around 18.25 UTC, I was once again out and about in the mobile with the rig turned on listening in on 14.222 MHz.

Whilst driving, I heard JM1WBB - Isao coming in great as he worked lots of stations from various continents located around the world.

Isao - JM1WBB was hitting my little Yaesu FT-100 with a 5/9 signal all the way from Setagaya, Tokyo Japan
Once again I engaged the PTT calling "HTS/Mobile" where again I was in look as I was received  by Isao - JM1WBB with a 5/2 report into Japan. I was surprised to make the QSO at that time of day as well as being absolutely delighted.

Its always a great feeling getting good reports from DX Stations whilst using my mobile ham station, I hope you all have a great weekend, 73 happy DX.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design