Day 10 February QSO Challenge



I fired up the shack later than usual due to a busy evening. I heard a few Contest/Club Stations warming up their equipment for this weekends Dutch PAAC Contest.

I carried out my usual tune around the HF bands to find some big signals coming in well especially on the 40M band.
I tried busting a pile up that KK1KW was creating on 7.128MHz for a good 30 minuets without success, the operator - Fred pulled the plug before I was heard.

I continued to listen around 40M as there was plenty of activity, on 7.096MHz I heard Contest Station CN3A located in Safi, Morocco booming in at 5/9 +.

At 21.47 utc, I called a couple of times and managed to penetrate another pile up to work CN3A with a 5/9 report completing today's QSO challenge!

The Total  distance between our stations is 1565 miles short path. It will be interesting to find out how many miles I end up covering in the end.  I shall add up the total mileage of every completed QSO challenge, if I manage the whole of February that is.

The CN3A Contest Station is operated by CN8WK, IK2QEI, IK2SGC & SV8CS.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design