Day 21 February QSO Challenge


I powered up my shack this evening wondering what signals I would be able to hear on HF as my initial tune around 20m - 10m showed that band conditions would probably be more favourable down on 40m.
On 40m, I could hear quite a few stations coming in when I came across special event station HF35APAS -  Arctowski Antarctic Award part of the Worldwide Antarctic Program. HF35APAS - Janusz was working quite a nice little pile up down on 7.153.5 MHz, his signal was 5/9 solid copy. I called him using my Windom antenna and FT-1000MK-V  where I received a 5/9 report back at 20.16 utc.


HF35APAS is located in JO90NK with a total distance of 914 miles from my station. Check out Janusz on QRZ for more information about the HF35APAS station. Another completed challenge in the log and only 8 more days left to air my call sign each day to successfully complete the February QSO challenge. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design