Snow Covered Antennas

When I got in from work I grabbed some camera shots of my antennas handling our first significant snow fall since moving into this QTH just over two years ago.


My Satellite Array for 145/435MHz


 Here you can see the wire antenna which is a Carolina Windom 80M - 10M.
 Its up at around 25ft and is 131ft in Length.


 The picture below shows my CobWebb and Hustler 6BTV looking upwards.


 The view in horizontal gives you an idea of how well my garden is elevated
The nearest chimney can be seen in the lower part of the image.

Finally a picture of my Tri-band Snow-linear, I mean Co-linear vertical antenna.


The next thing to do is to see how the SWR is before any transmitting takes place, snow can cause undesirable effects to SWR.


 These two don't really care about the SWR they just like to play out in the snow!


73 de Simon 2E0HTS

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Nice pics Simon. Lot's of snow I see. We have it as well now. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Tnx Bas, Yes its fun for our little girl and dog they are both enjoying it. Have some fun and maybe build a snow man! 73, Simon
Unknown said…
Some good photo's there Simon, like the one of Dudley .. not so much as a flake here.. =0(

Steve,
MW0BBU.
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Steve, tnx for the comment and Dudley says woof! He goes crazy when the snow settles, its thawing now but might get more towards the weekend.
best 73 de Simon
PE4BAS, Bas said…
We already built a snowman a few weeks ago. may be build another one this weekend...goog luck and have fun with the family. 73, Bas

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design