DX MACHINE Mobile On The West Coast



Today was a good day! I decided to take the family to the sea side for a little adventure. We left Yorkshire and headed west into the neighbouring county of Lancashire ending up on the west coast at Cleveleys which is very close by to the world famous Blackpool. As we arrived it was the peak of high tide and the waves were splashing nicely over the sea wall. I fired up my Coleman petrol stove and made a warming brew to compliment the stash of sandwiches Louise had knocked up before we set off. Even Dudley our trusty hound had his lunch by the sea side and a fun time was had by all.

DX MACHINE M0YKS Mobile
As well as having a superb view ahead the view behind wasn't bad either, in fact it was perfect I could see a playground/park directly behind the van which the kids would enjoy for 30 minutes. I decided I would take a look at 20m whilst the family were playing where I heard a lot of contest stations coming in strong to my mobile station. I have recently reinstalled my YAESU FT-857 after finding some of the hidden menu settings to be incorrectly set which I carefully set up in my shack to my preferred settings which have been working out pretty well over the past few weeks of testing with the Maldol mono band antennas.
I made some QSOs with non contest stations which was quite tricky as the band was almost full up of contest stations. I also got some of the 20 meter band activity on video as seen above where I make a QSO into HA land. 73 have a good Sunday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design