Keeping Me On My Toes!



I have been slightly preoccupied over the last few weeks with the dangerous duo pictured above, I am guilty of having too much fun as my girls run circles around me and as a result of light summer nights haven't managed to do any blogging. As you can see both of my lovely girls are coming on well and I cannot wait to get home from work to be with my family and have fun playing in the garden.
As for radio I have been enjoying operating both my mobile and home station under my recently upgraded call M0YKS. Both setups have been performing well and I have had some very nice DX contacts from my FT-857 mobile & FT1000mp base station.
Back in march 6 weeks after my licence upgrade (my birthday) my YL Louise M3TLL bought me a rather cool present which was a large A3 World map where you scratch off the map's surface to reveal the Country beneath. This was just what I needed as I have restarted working all of the Countries (DXCC) all over again as M0YKS.


The idea of scratching off the gold surface of the Country that I just worked has proved a hit with my oldest daughter who is happy when her daddy is on his radio getting new Countries to locate on the map and reveal exciting information and colours. I would recommend getting one even if you haven't got young extremely interested in everything you're doing children, which of course is priceless. The map is hanging in my shack and will be up for quite some time before I make a qso into all of the exciting DXCC awaiting me and all of the gold has been rubbed away and gone.
The buzz of working somewhere new into my log and map has once again made the hobby of ham radio fun and challenging. As an old friend once said "patient man ride donkey". So, I will get there in the end and now it's back to listening out for DX for me and very best 73 to all. It has been great to have caught up with you again, thank you very much for passing by ham radio operator blogspot !

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Hello Simon, great to read you're doing well with the new call. Nice looking map, wish I had room for it in the shack. I think my XYL would not like to have it on the wall in the living. Just a reminder that this Sunday (fathers day, happy us!) is kids day on the radio as well. Have been pratising with my daughter Anneli with my call. She almost manage spell it with the radio alphabet. Let's see if she's able to make a QSO with a little help. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Hi Bas, good to see you! Happy Father Day! Kids day sounds like lots of fun and I hope your daughter Anneli makes lots of qso. Maybe I will hear you and get my daughter Elsie to have a qso with Anneli, that would be great. I will be having a go later and she is also practicing saying my call as I write this lol. G L happy DX and have a great day.

Simon and family

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M