Starting School


This week my oldest daughter Elsie started school full time and as you can see she is making a good impression already. We are so proud of her obtaining an award certificate for being nice to her brand new classmates and teacher. Well done Elsie!


As for radio.... I have been active from my mobile on the usual 20m band but conditions have been flat due to a geomagnetic storm which is still going on. Back in my shack where it is coming close to bedtime I have just worked LZ215KF on 40m. I was operating with my FT1000mp MKV and Carolina Windom antenna, My power was around 100 watts and I received a 5/9+20 signal report. However right now at 23.30 local time the bands are almost completely closed down from 80m upwards with just the odd station coming in here and there. Hopefully the space weather will get back to normal as we approach Autumn and at least the LF and lower HF bands should stay open into the late night allowing me to have a few qso's here and there when the family have all settled down.  73 Happy Ham-ing!

Comments

PE4BAS, Bas said…
Congratulations! Very nice certificate! Wish her good luck on school. Big smile, she has fun for shure. 73, Bas
MØYKS Simon said…
Thanks Bas, it is very good to see her so happy and growing it makes me feel proud 😃
All the best to yourself and your family. 73 De M0YKS Simon

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M