Final Tweaks For This Years CQ World Wide Contest 2017


I just spent a couple of hours checking out my radio equipment making sure everything is nipped up tight, I also gave the radios and accessories a wipe down and dust off. I re-positioned the layout which ended up with a more user friendly line up which lines up better with my comfy chair!
The CQ WW Contest is on for 48 hours this weekend and starts this evening at midnight local time, I wont be operating for 48 hours but I do plan on getting a good lengthy duration of contest fun. I wouldn't say I was much of a contest operator as compared to others but I do enjoy the CQ WW contest as it is the best one in my opinion to catch some new distant countries in the log, and for that reason I will be once again participating over the weekend aiming to smash my record of 22 out of 40 zones. Last year was lots of fun but poor band propagation with only a few long distant stations and the 10 meter band never opened up at all at my end. Hopefully this years conditions will be slightly improved, I worked a few stations earlier on 15 and 17 meters so with a bit of luck all of the WARC bands will be usable this contest.
As usual I plan to make a video of some of my radio contest activity which will be on my blog and YouTube channel shortly after the contest finishes. In the meantime I will be counting down the last hour for the 2017 CQ World Wide CQ Contest to begin. 73 G L

The Shack of M0YKS ready for action



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New DX Contact 0n 12 Meters

Full Size Delta Loop for 20M

Homebrew 40/80 Trap Dipole Design